Asset Management has been more about keeping track of data about assets from a transactional perspective:
- Asset location
- Asset configuration
- Maintenance activities
- Production throughput, and etc
In other words, asset management practices have typically provided a great deal of information about assets and asset performance.
The main focus of this article will be on physical assets, but you will find that some of the risks to asset management identified herein will be shared with the other asset type categories. It is suggested that there are at least five such risks that primarily contribute to an organization’s failure to optimally manage their assets:
- not knowing what they have;
- over- or under-maintenance;
- improper operation
- improper risk management; and
- sub-optimized asset management systems.
The conventional way of identifying an asset:
PlantLog Software provides an innovation of data logging method from filling forms and manual writings into sophisticated and organized digital data entry. PlantLog is the Paperless Data Logging System for Industrial Plants & Building Facilities
- Barcoding – Item identification
- Digitalize Data Collection System
- User Management, Scheduling & Reporting
- Network Environments & Multiple users
- Simple and Easy to Use
By utilizing Janam XP30 kit as depicted in the picture below, you could simplified the data entry automatically and accurately.
PlantLog is offering complete turnkey system:
Utilizing Barcoding Tags for Asset identification, Janam XP30 Kit to scan Asset to be repair or maintain and lastly convert to system for information analysis and reporting.
Enforced Barcode Scanning prior to attending to equipment repair or maintenance is crucial for data accuracy.
This shall facilitated the translation into providing user’s activities for the day, week or monthly. Thus, User activity monitoring is possible:
Data can be exported to excel for reporting:
Other facilities that plantLog can support and integrate with:
Operating processes from Barcode scanning to generating report:
Benefits to client:
- Allows management to access latest information of assets condition or users’ activity.
- Reduce space and time spent for managing paperwork.
- Increase efficiency of worker thus increasing productivity.
- Reduce errors and increases reliability.
- Reliable and Secure Information.